Buying a home is one of life's most important investments and exciting adventures. As your Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage Realtor® I will guide you every step of the way!
Below is a list of the SOME of the services I will perform on your behalf as your Realtor®
Get Pre-Approved for a Home Loan
A big part of being a successful Realtor® is having a team of professionals and resources to help my clients. One of the most important things is having a fantastic Lender that can assist you with getting a Pre-Approval. Whether you are a First Time Home-Buyer or a previous Home Owner I have a great team of Lenders that can help you get started. Contact me Today, I will introduce you to a Lender and assist you with the necessary information/resources you need.
Here are some of the current documents you'll need to provide your lender to get your Pre-Approval started:
- Current Pay Stubs, usually for the last two months
- W-2s or 1099s, usually for last two years
- Tax Returns, usually last two years
Home Buyer Consultation
A buyer’s consultation is a focused meeting to introduce ourselves and discuss where you are in the home buying process.
- I will walk you through on what my role is as your Realtor®
- We will discuss your Pre-Approval letter. If you do not have a Pre-Approval Letter I will assist you in the process of connecting you with a lender to get the process rolling
- We will discuss what your your next steps are and how the process works
- We will go over your criteria of what you want in a home such as amenities and neighborhood.
- Present any questions you may have
This initial meet-up is one of my favorite parts as it is the start of new friendship and it will help in making your home buying experience a smooth and unforgettable experience.
Start Your Search / Whats on the Market
Once you have your Pre-Approval from your lender we will be able to determine your price point. I will then send you listings/homes via email from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
We can view the homes together or I will send you the Date/Times of Open Houses for you to view homes.
Each week, I like to schedule a phone appointment so we can discuss what homes you liked and why? What homes you disliked and why? This gives me a better understanding of what you like.
Determining Your Offer
Many factors influence the asking price of a home. To help you decide how much you feel comfortable offering for a property, I will gather critical information for you regarding the factors that impact how much you should consider paying for the home, including:
- How long the home has been on the market
- If the Price has been reduced
- The prices for other comparable homes in the area
- If there are multiple offers
- Other items that might be included in the sale- furniture, hot tub, etc
- Why the seller is selling
Real Estate contracts often contain contingency clauses that allows buyers to inspect the property. Once we enter contract I will order and schedule which ever inspections we need for your particular transaction. I will ensure that we will follow the contracts timeline and remove the contingencies in a timely manner.
A home purchase is a complex transaction involving many parties and associated fees. In addition to your deposit and down payment, there are a variety of other costs involved in the close of escrow, including:
- Loan Origination Fees, appraisals and reports
- Surveys and Inspections
- Mortgage Insurance
- Hazard Insurance
- Title Insurance, notary and escrow fees
- Recording fees and stamps
Your lender will provide a good faith estimate of these costs prior to the close of escrow so that you will know in advance what to expect. I will walk you through each item In your closing to make sure you understand every detail.